1. WHO WE ARE
IPJOBFINDER is a job board dedicated to providing employers and candidates with a simple solution aggregating job postings and resumes in the field of Intellectual Property.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information that we may collect from and about you broadly falls into the following categories.
2.1 Information we collect directly. You may provide personal information to us through the Services – for example, when you sign up for, order, subscribe to, or make use of any of our Services, consult with our customer service team, or communicate with us in any way.
We may also collect personal information, such as your contact and professional details, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us.
In most cases your provision of personal information to us is entirely voluntary. However, if you fail to provide such information, we may not be able to provide certain Services or information to you.
The personal information you provide may include:
- Contact Information: When setting up an IPJOBFINDER account to access or subscribe to the Services, you will be asked to provide certain information, including contact information (such as name, address, email, or telephone number), and professional information (such as job title, department, or job role).
- Emails to IPJOBFINDER: If you send us emails, you should be aware that any information provided in an email may not be secure or encrypted and therefore may be available to others. Please exercise caution if you decide to disclose any personal or confidential information to us in any email.
- Job Applicants to IPJOBFINDER: When applying for select job postings at IPJOBFINDER, we will ask you to send us your resume or other relevant information online.
2.2 Information we collect automatically. When you use the Services, we (or our third party partners) may collect information about your device and usage of the Services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
We may use a variety of technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to collect some of this information.
We may use Tracking Technologies to automatically collect the information described below:
- Device Information: We may collect certain information about the device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to IP addresses for your devices, unique device identifiers, browser types, and browser language.
- User History: We may log certain usage information about your use of the Services, which may include a history of the pages you view. If you download and use any IPJOBFINDER software or application on your device, the log files will automatically be collected by the application and sent to our servers when your device syncs up for the latest content available.
- Mobile/Location Information: We may collect additional information from you if you access the Services through a mobile device, for example we may collect your unique device identifier, your device’s operating system, mobile carrier, or your location when you opt in for us to do so. However the degree to which your location can be identified depends on the device you are using (e.g. laptop, smartphone, tablet) and how you are connected to the internet (e.g. via cable broadband connection, Wi-Fi, etc.). If you enable location services for the Services we may collect your regional location data periodically as you use or leave open the Services. We may also collect your location information from your IP address or zip code.
We may also use location data internally or in conjunction with our third party service providers to customize your experience and provide offers that may be relevant to you. Depending on the device you use to access the Services (e.g. Apple™ iOS, Google™ Android, Windows, etc.) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from the settings on your wireless device.
2.3 Information we collect from third party sources.
- Third Party Sources: From time to time we may obtain personal information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, social networking services, third party data providers and our joint marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from third party sources include job title, company, location, updated contact information, and other demographic and professional information. We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including personal information we collect), to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
- Social Networking Accounts: When you choose to log into your IPJOBFINDER account through your social networking accounts, link your social networking accounts with the Services, or engage with the Services through social media platforms, you may be allowing us ongoing access to certain information stored on those platforms. In addition, as you interact with the Services, you may also be providing information about your activities to the third party social networking platforms, as applicable. You should make sure that you are comfortable with the information such services may make available to us by visiting the applicable platforms’ privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those platforms.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information that we collect through the Services to:
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts.
- Provide support and improve the Services and to manage system administration and security.
- Respond to your comments, inquiries, and requests and provide customer service.
- Link or combine information that we collect directly with information from third-party sources or multiple devices to help understand your needs, provide you with personalized content, and provide you with better service.
- Personalize and improve your experience and deliver content or features that match your profile and interests, including to show you targeted advertising as described in Tracking Technologies and Advertising and Analytics Services below.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications (in accordance with your marketing preferences). Please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out below.
- Send you e-mail newsletters and alerts (in accordance with your newsletter and alerts preferences). Please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out below.
- Perform statistical and marketing analyses of user behavior.
- Send you push notifications. Please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out below.
- Conduct surveys.
- Process and deliver sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Comply with or enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
- Evaluate candidate submissions for job postings.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Sharing Information with Marketing Partners: IPJOBFINDER selectively makes its postal mailing address list and email list, for customers in the United States, available to third party partners so that they may provide you with information about product or service offerings, events or promotions, which may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of having such information shared for this purpose. Please see Your Choices/How to Opt-Out below.
- Third Parties Providing Functionality: We also work with third parties to provide certain functionalities on the Services and to improve the effectiveness of the Services and its content. Separate and distinct from information IPJOBFINDER shares with third parties, third party companies may also use Tracking Technologies to independently collect and store information about you and your usage of the Services and may combine this information with information they collect from other sources. Please note, we do not control Tracking Technologies used by third parties, and their use of such Tracking Technologies may be governed by their own privacy policies.
- Third Party Event Sponsors: When you register for an IPJOBFINDER event (including any webinars and recognition dinners), we may share the information you provide, such as your name, company name, postal address and email address, with third parties who are sponsoring the event. You may opt-out of having such information shared for this purpose, as described in greater detail in Your Choices/How to Opt Out below.
- Mobile Carriers: If you access the Services through a device or app, we may share your information with mobile carriers, operating systems, and platforms.
- LawJobs and LegalWeek Jobs: If you upload your resume onto Lawjobs.com or LegalWeekjobs.com, we will share your resume with prospective employers when you apply to a specific job or have given us consent to share your resume via our employer database.
- Service Providers: Sometimes we need to share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support the Services and other business functions. For example, we use service providers to assist with the following: analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support, processing payments, delivering content, mailing statements to subscribers, email distribution, and providing customer service.
- Advertising Partners: We may partner with third party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share your personal information with them for this purpose. Please see more information in Your Choices/How to Opt Out in Section 6 below.
- Organizational Changes: Should IPJOBFINDER undergo a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, IPJOBFINDER’s accumulated customer information will be treated as an asset and, like other business assets, subject to transfer to or acquisition by a third party. We may also disclose information about our users in connection with a commercial transaction where we, or any one of our businesses, is seeking financing, investment, support, or funding.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction.
5. YOUR CHOICES/HOW TO OPT OUT
- Opt-out Links : Any recipient of email notices may opt out of receiving them at any time. To opt out of receiving emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions located near the bottom of each service update, newsletter, or promotional email, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Push Notifications: If you use our mobile apps, we may ask if you want to receive push notifications so that we can send you updates, communications, and other messages about the Services. To opt out of getting these push notifications or other messages, you must turn off the push notification function in your device settings.
- Turning Off Tracking Technologies: You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. However, cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies and may not disable HTML5 storage. It is important to remember that many of IPJOBFINDER’s services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, IPJOBFINDER needs first-party cookies to log you in to the Services that require registration or a subscription. In that case, you may set your browser to block third-party cookies and allow IPJOBFINDER’s first-party cookies only.
- “Do Not Track” Signals: Some third party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites which are automatically applied by default and therefore do not necessarily reflect our visitor’s choice as to whether they wish to receive advertisements tailored to their interests. As a result, currently, IPJOBFINDER does not respond to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms.
6. RIGHT OF ACCESS
You may access, correct, or update the information you have provided to us. IPJOBFINDER takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You can update your account information by logging into your online account and updating your contact and profile information. You may also contact us at any time by using the contact details provided in Contact Us in below.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8. HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate technical, organizational, physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to protect the information we collect. Specific measures we use include installing anti-intrusion hardware and firewalls, conducting penetration testing and virus scans, monitoring Operating System and software logs and applying software patches. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personally identifiable information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any social media or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
To help protect the privacy of your own information, including maintaining the confidentiality of any account information or access credentials, we recommend you take precautions to protect the security of any personal information that you transmit over any public or untrusted network by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting or receiving any of your personally identifiable information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
Our Services are directed at a general audience and not directed to those under the age of 18. IPJOBFINDER asks that minors not submit any personal information. IPJOBFINDER does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age and if we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18 years of age, we will take steps to remove that individual’s personal information from our systems.
10. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
11. ADDITIONAL NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
11.1 Your Data Protection Rights
- You may request access to or ask us to correct, update, or delete your personal information. You can update account information by logging into your online account and updating your contact and profile information. However, if you don’t have an account with us or want to contact us directly about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your personal information or changing your marketing preferences, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided in Contact Us. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided in Contact Us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority (contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, are available here).
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity to help us respond efficiently to your request.
11.2 Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, content, and services; ensuring the security of the Services; and conducting marketing activities.
- If you have signed up for the Services on your own behalf, we may need your personal information to perform a contract with you. In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
- Where required by law, we will collect your personal information only where we have your consent to do so.
- If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in Contact Us.
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION FOR EEA RESIDENTS/ARBITRATION/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
14. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact at email@example.com.